Thursday, May 20, 2010

You Suck!

I think Mr. D is sucking the lifeforce out of me.

Mr. D is my long term boyfriend and we've been living together...oh, probably almost 8 years. It's hard to remember sometimes. This September marks our 10 year anniversary. It's not what you'd call the typical romantic relationship. I could probably talk forever about how NOT his type I am. But, we get along, and that seems to be enough for both of us at the moment.

We used to both be pretty active. Gym memberships, going to the park, going out. Once I stopped working and he started working from home, it all changed.

Also? Whoever said "Familiarity breeds contempt" was totally - totally - right.

Where was I? Oh yes, life force.

I think somehow we've given each other permission to be lazy. The house? A wreck. Our bodies? Complete wrecks. But yet on the very rare days he has to go to the office, I'm up and cleaning and usually getting in a work out. The moment he comes home, I sink back down in front of the computer and watch YouTube for hours.

So if I think about it... Well, I don't know what I think about it. How do you tell someone, "Honey, I love you, but you're SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF ME!"? There's pretty much no good way to have THAT conversation, unless you want to follow it up with "And I'm leaving."

I think I need to somehow convince him that we need to get gym memberships again. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment