Friday, May 28, 2010

We got the funk

Okay, let's get down and emotastic for a bit. I promise, it won't be TOO often that it happens. But today is one of those days, so let's just deal with it.

Every night when I go to bed, I tell myself that when I get up, it'll be different. I'll get up and clean, I'll cook something good, I'll exercise. I'll find the strength I need to do what probably a lot of people do without even thinking about it. A friend of mine says that she cleans her house pretty much everyday because she doesn't like it to be messy, she cooks, she works, and she exercises. And she finds time for sports, volunteer work, and to chat with her friends online. She does it all so effortlessly that I stand back and look at her and think, "Why is it such a struggle for me?"

Because it IS, you know? My bedroom is the very picture of depression. The rest of the house is not so great either. Mr. D does clean on occasion, but his is half assed. Who loads the dishwasher but doesn't wipe down the counters or the sink? That guy. A few weeks ago, he was eating peanuts out of the shell and on the way to the trashcan, I guess he missed because there was a pile of shells right next to the can. Out of curiosity, I didn't pick them up because I wanted to see how long they'd sit there. Maybe he was doing the same, I don't know, but those suckers sat there for 4 days.

I just don't know. I don't know how I can get out of this funk or rut or whatever this is. If anyone has any ideas [if anyone is reading this, that is], feel free to toss them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment