Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The triumphant return

So today marked my triumphant return to the gym.

Okay, so, it wasn't all that triumphant. I was tired. I really hadn't eaten. I was sweating in the car because the 4th layer of Hell is Texas in the summer. I had heartburn from eating spaghetti last night. [Tomato based anything does it to me.] I was irritated because Mr. D had been talking non-stop for about 3 hours. I know it's for work, but damn. I just wasn't into exercising today.

But I did it. 30 minutes on the elliptical, sometimes at level 4 or 5. I had a good pace going, even though I felt like I'd throw up at any moment. According to the machine, I burned just over 400 calories. Larry the evil trainer wasn't there that I saw, so I didn't have to deal with him. I didn't do any weights. I planned on it, but ... no. Tomorrow, I told myself. Tomorrow.

I did discover that 1pm is a great time to go workout, though. It's after lunch, so many of the trainers are gone to their own lunch breaks since a lot of business people workout during their lunches. The machines are basically all free. At one point, I was the only person on the row of ellipticals.

I wish I had something funny or interesting to put here now, but I don't. I'm tired. I think I'm going to settle down with photoshop and hulu now.

No comments:

Post a Comment